Social Media, The Newsroom, & You
Seminar with Wells Dunbar from KUT 90.5 FM, Texas. The seminar will focus on what journalists need to know about working in the social newsroom.
Students will learn how to:
- Use best practices for breaking news online
- Build out content for maximum shareabliity,
- Curate stories from social media
- Conceptualize breaking news,
- Write “day two” stories in real time,
- “Localize” state and national news.
Wells is the online editor at KUT 90.5 FM in Texas which publishes online at www.kut.org. Wells is also a founding participant in NPR’s Local Stories Project, which leverages digital content from member stations with NPR’s social media presence.
Date: Monday, October 21
Time: 7:00 p.m. (immediately after the Deputized film screening)
Location: Breslin 112
Free and open to all Hofstra community.