Faculty Diversity Research and Curriculum Development Grants and LGBT Research Initiative Award
The Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs in cooperation with the Provost’s Diversity Task Force, presents the Faculty Diversity Research and Curriculum Development Grants and LGBT Research Initiative Award on Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 11:15 a.m. - 12:45 p.m., in 246 East Library Wing, Axinn Library, South Campus.
Each recipient will present their research as follows:
- Amy Catalano, Library and Information Services, Improving Library Instruction and reference services for students with both intellectual and physical disabilities
- Eduardo Duarte, School of Education, A Chance for a New Human Togetherness: The Technology of Difference: Thinking Multi-culturally
- Susan Saab Fortney, School of Law, The Ethics of Diversity and the Legal Profession
- Esther Fusco with Michael Coniker & Yvette Brideau, School of Education, I am the Voice …: Global Expression of Literacy
- Sophie Hawkins with Rebecca Gianarkis & Dan Jones, Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Mapping the Sacred in the Suburbs
- Genevieve Weber, School of Health Sciences and Human Services, Intent to Persist for LGBTQ College Students: A Study of the Role of Mental Health and Harassment
Grant program sponsored by the National Center For Suburban Studies.